Popular Posts

Caveat Emptor

The opinions expressed on this page are mine alone. Any similarities to the views of my employer are completely coincidental.

Friday 8 May 2015

Election post mortem

So, it looks as though the Tories will get a majority or something close enough. Not an outcome that gives me much pleasure, but there you are. 

Personally I'm sad for Vince Cable in Twickenham. He has been a spectacularly good constituency MP and is a decent man. I've voted for him in three general elections even though I don't support his party. His party leader led him in the wrong direction & what could he do but follow? The gallant 57 galloping through the Valley of Death have been reduced to single figures.

Chuffed though for my colleague Stephen Fisher who along with John Curtis, Jon Mellon & Rob Ford (all ex-Nuffield)  were responsible for the BBC exit poll. I can just see them having a whip-round to buy the hat that Paddy Ashdown is going to eat. Great job boys, Bayesian models rock for prediction!


No comments: